By Jaime Zemke, Director of Stores & Store Operations, Gap Greater China
What fun it was this past weekend launching Gap in Taiwan with our first store debuting at ATT4Fun in the Xinyi District of Taipei.
We had lines down the block on opening weekend in spite of the rain and saw great customer response.Between our pre-opening Friends & Family and VIP events and our first two days of business, the store achieved great results.
We gained almost 35,000 friends on our Gap Taiwan Facebook page in just the first 4 days – a great start for a great new market!
It was rewarding to see the store team’s energy and passion and the application of all the cross-functional learning we’ve gained over the last few years. The opening was also a little bittersweet as I get ready to bid farewell to my China team to return to the U.S. for a new assignment.
Thank you, Gap Inc., for giving me such life changing experiences – I look forward to seeing where the Greater China team takes it from here.
Here are some pictures of the highlights – enjoy!
1. The massive outdoor ad of our launch campaign showing actors Ethan Ruan and Rila Fukushima was hard to miss.
2. In spite of the steady drizzle, the line to get in stretched down the whole side of the mall on Friends & Family and on opening weekend.
3. Ribbon cutting with famous Taiwanese actor, Ethan Ruan, and other Gap Inc. leaders…that’s me on the far left!
4. Getting ready to dot the Lions’ eyes after the traditional Lion dance celebrating the opening.
5. Reporter mob scene around Ethan.
6. A big cake to celebrate opening morning – harkening back to our origins and in the shape of a record, naturally.
7. Our Sales Associates still energetic at almost 10 p.m. at the end of a long opening day.