Shopping via social platforms and deal sites may seem like a daunting task, but it’s a lot easier than you think. I promise!
With my Social Savvy Shopping tips, you’ll be able to uncover the best holiday finds and make sure you give (and get) the gifts you really want this year.
Oh, if you have any questions, Tweet to me at #ShopYourselfSocial. I’m here to help!
1) Master social media – If you’ve been avoiding social media channels, such as Facebook and Twitter, and relying on e-mail to stay in the know, it’s time to take a deep breath and dive in. It’s easier than you think, and now is the time (with a perfect excuse) to take the plunge.
2) Follow your favorites - One of the best ways to get the latest deals from your favorite brands is to follow them on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook. Not only will you get up-to the minute, exclusive info. from your favorite brands, but you’ll also be the first to know about holiday sales.
3) Know your family’s favorites – Don’t just follow the brands you love, follow your family’s favorites too! This will make shopping for them much easier.
4) Get deals on your phone – With the new Gap Mobile4U, Banana Republic (BR mobile 4U), and Old Navy (Old Navy 4U), you can get personalized offers from these three brands texted directly to you! Sign up to receive offers for the brands of your choice at www.visa.com/gapmobile4u.
5) Get local – Many retailers have local Twitter and Facebook accounts. Search for your favorite brands and local stores for special events and more. You don’t want to miss a super sale just around the corner.
6) Check in before you check out – Many brands are rewarding customers who “check in” when shopping at their stores. Be sure to check yourself in using sites like Four Square or Facebook when shopping at your favorite brands – you might be surprised what kind of deals you’ll get! (and, you’ll be letting your friends and family know where you like to shop)
7) Post it, Link it, Share it – One of the best ways to let your family and friends in on your holiday wish list is by sharing it with them on social media tools like Facebook and Twitter. Paste a link of the merchandise you want to your Facebook wall to make sure all your friends know exactly what to get you.
8) Mind the apps - Have a smart phone? There are apps that can help you keep yourself on track and organized with your holiday shopping. Apps like shopkick and Snap Appy can all help you shop and save while you are on the go and not near a computer.
9) Stalk the flash sites - Don’t go crazy…but pick one or two that you feel suit your needs best. Deal aggregators like Groupon, Gilt Groupe, and Living Social can all bring you tailored deals of the day. With their on the go apps –you’ll find deals near you while out shopping. Caution: Flash sales can be tempting! Look for specific items you want each time you check out daily deals– that way you stick to your list. Be sure to follow them on Twitter as well.
10) Look out for in-store deals – Once you’ve hit the shopping road, don’t forget to bring your smart phone. Look out for QR codes, the scanable in store promotions that are offered exclusively for mobile phones.
11) Ask Qs Virtually - Tweet your question to me (Cacky) or share with the Twitosphere using the ShopYourselfSocial hashtag.