You’ve got to hand it to Piperlime, the brand has come a long way since its online debut in 2006—we’re talking from shoe site to store site.
Today officially kicks off the brand’s first store opening—located at 121 Wooster Street in the SoHo neighborhood of New York City—where customers will be able to literally get their hands on Piperlime’s product on the spot.
So we thought we’d recognize Piperlime’s entrance into brick-and-mortar territory by sharing some fun facts about the beloved brand:
- Piperlime.com launched in October 2006 as an online-only shoe site for women, men and kids with more than 100 brands. Well, in addition to shoes, it now sells apparel, jewelry, handbags and selections for men and women from more than 500 brands.
- Rachel Zoe was Piperlime’s first-ever guest editor when the site launched. The brand was later featured on, you guessed it, The Rachel Zoe Project from 2008 to 2010. She remains the Chief Guest Editor today.
- Piperlime “is in”—the brand became the sponsor of the Project Runway Accessories Wall in 2010 and 2011.
- The brand added more celebrity gravitas to its list of Guest Editors in September 2010—Rachel Bilson, Olivia Palermo and Byrdie Bell sign on.
- New York has been good to Piperlime before—its first pop-up store opened at 93 Mercer Street in SoHo, NYC in Fall 2010, for 27 days.
- Thanks to Piperlime, we’re back in the business of selling Levi’s, something Gap hasn’t done since it opened back in 1969!
- September 6, 2012 —To mark today’s grand store opening, Piperlime is hosting an event (coinciding with Fashion’s Night Out) that features Guest Editor Rachel Zoe and music by Rev Run and DJ Ruckus.
Here’s to you, Piperlime.